Frequently Asked Questions

  • No.  All visitor information is available at the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce office, located on the campus of Gadsden State Community College in Centre, or available on their web site.
  • No, the town of Sand Rock does not provide public transportation.  However, transportation for SENIORS is available by contacting the Senior Citizens Transportation Office at (256) 927-7472.
  • Yes.  Cherokee County has a Senior Citizens Nutrition Program, which can be reached at (256) 927-8432.
  • You may register to vote in Town of Sand Rock elections at the office of the Cherokee Board of Registrars, Administration Building, 260 Cedar Bluff Road, Centre, AL.  Phone:  (256) 927-5336
  • These services are available at the Cherokee County Administration Building, 260 Cedar Bluff Road, Centre, AL.
-Probate Office(256) 927-3363
-Tag & License Department(256) 927-3654
  • The Town of Sand Rock has “at-large” representatives, and is not divided into districts.  Therefore, all five Council Members are your representatives.
  • Call RDS / AlaTax at 1-800-556-7274; follow message instructions.
  • Phone the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department at (256) 927-3365.
  • Phone Northeast Alabama Water at 1-800-228-6114.
  • Contact Cherokee County Waste Management at (256) 927-8232.
  • Cherokee County Schools are not drawn up in districts.  You may attend any school within the county.  Bus service will only be to schools that are in your area.
  • You may contact the Town Clerk’s office with your address, and we can determine whether or not if you are located within the Town limits.
  • The STATE sales tax rate is 4%; additional rates for CHEROKEE COUNTY and the TOWN of Sand Rock make the total rate 8.5%.

You may obtain a copy of the Town’s ordinances and resolutions from the Town Clerk at (256) 523-5898.

  • Contact the Town Clerk, Melonie Garrett at (256) 523-5898.
  • Council Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 6:30pm at the Town Hall, 1925 Sand Rock Avenue, Sand Rock, AL.
  • You may obtain a copy of the council agenda online on the 2nd Monday of each month.  Copies are also posted in the message box at the Town Hall office.
  • The following is a list of Sand Rock residents’ elected officials, with contact information:
U.S. Senators  
   Sen. Jeff Sessions (R)


Washington, DC Office:

326 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0104
Main:  (202) 224-4124
FAX:  (202) 224-3149

Huntsville Office:

200 Clinton Avenue N
Regions Center, Suite 802
Huntsville, AL  35801-4932
Main:  (256) 533-0979
FAX:  (256) 533-0745

   Sen. Richard Shelby (R)


Washington, DC Office:

304 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC  20510
Phone:  (202) 224-5744
FAX:  (202) 224-3416

Birmingham Office:

1800 5th Avenue North
321 Federal Building
Birmingham, AL  35203
Phone:  (205) 731-1384
FAX:  (205) 731-1386

U.S. Representative  
   Congressman Mike Rogers (R)

    Alabama’s 3rd District

Washington, DC Office:

324 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC  20515
Phone:  (202) 225-3261
FAX:  (202) 226-8485

Anniston Office:

1129 Noble Street
104 Federal Building
Anniston, AL  36201
Phone:  (256) 236-5655
FAX:  (256) 237-9203

State Senator  
   Sen. Phil Williams (R)

    10th District

Montgomery Office:

Seventh Floor — State House
11 S. Union Street
Montgomery, AL  36130
(334) 242-7800

Attalla Office:

1106 6th Street
Attalla, AL  35954
Phone:  (256) 538-2014
FAX:  (256) 538-2014

State Representative
   Rep. Richard Lindsey (D)

    District 39

Montgomery Office:

Room 514
11 S. Union Street
Montgomery, AL  36130
(334) 242-7714

Centre Contact Info:

14160 County Road 22
Centre, AL  35960
(256) 475-3415 or
(256) 475-6438